The University of Freiburg will award the Deutschlandstipendium (Germany Scholarship), a national scholarship program, which provides 300 euros per month in funding for students who are expected to produce outstanding achievements in their studies and career.
International students are also eligible to apply for a Deutschlandstipendium at the University of Freiburg. Make sure to submit all of your application documents and certificates in English or German. If you have documents in another language, please enclose a copy of the original along with a non-certified English or German translation. It makes no difference who does the translation. Both German and international students are eligible for funding, as long as they are matriculated as degree-seeking students in an undergraduate program or master’s program at the University of Freiburg or have applied for admission to such a program but are not yet matriculated, but will be matriculated for the following summer semester.
As a scholarship holder, you don�t just receive financial support; you also enjoy the advantages of a network of companies and organizations that can be helpful for your future career.
The selection criteria for the Deutschlandstipendium can be divided up into two areas:
- Academic achievement at the secondary or tertiary level
- Other selection criteria, including community service, success in overcoming unfavorable life circumstances, and previous vocational training or work experience The prerequisites for applying differ depending on your field of study: You need to include the following supporting documents with your online application as PDF documents in English or German:
- University entrance qualification (e.g. Abitur certificate) for applicants in undergraduate degree programmes (Bachelor, Staatsexamen, Magister).
- For Master’s students, the certificate of the first university degree. In this case, it is not necessary to upload the university entrance qualification (Abiturzeugnis).
- For applicants who are studying for a second degree, the transcript of the most recent university degree (Bachelor, Master, Staatsexamen). In this case, it is not necessary to upload the university entrance qualification Abitur certificate.
- Curriculum vitae of all applicants
Proof of academic achievement:
- a current transcript of records for enrolled students.
- In degree programmes in which an average grade cannot be calculated at any time during the degree programme, proof of the average grade/final grade of the most recent examination (university entrance qualification, physicum/intermediate examination, final grade of the most recently acquired degree).
- Applicants to the Faculty of Chemistry and Pharmacy: for students who are already enrolled, proof that they belong to the top 10% of the class by means of a corresponding certificate from the Examinations Office.
Leave a Reply